With spring here, it is the perfect time to renew your commitment to get
up and get moving! Below are some ways in which you can quickly rejuvenate
and focus on your health - again.
- Focus and prioritize yourself. Pick an hour each day to focus on your health.
If you can’t commit to an hour, commit to 30 minutes and add time
in gradually. Start small or start big. Just start!
- Get creative. For example, park your car at the end of the shopping center
parking lot and then walk further. Take the stairs at work. Call a friend
as you walk around the block.
- Buy something new that’s health related. Figure out that one thing
that will help motivate you. This doesn’t mean you need to break
the bank; it could be something inexpensive like a new water bottle, hiking
backpack or even just a fitness app.
- Find a friend. Keep moving with someone else. Instead of going to grab
coffee or dinner, meet your partner or a friend at a park to walk and talk.
- Set a goal and then reward yourself. Have you ever considered doing a 5k?
Commit to something that stretches your mind and you thought you could
never do. Have you ever ran or walked a 5k? Register for one and do it.
- Be an inspiration. Commit to yourself and ask others to make that commitment
with you – moving can be contagious.
- Get back in the game. Did you play a sport as a child or in high school?
Give it a try again. Pick up that old tennis racket and hit a few balls
or blow the dust off that basketball in the garage.
Regardless of what it is, just do it. Get moving and get that body in motion.
You will be glad you did!