It is your responsibility to know your insurance plan benefits and how
that applies to medical services and treatments provided by your doctor
at Hoag Orthopedic Institute Surgery Center - Newport Beach. However,
as a courtesy to you, our billing department bills your primary and secondary
insurance carriers. It is your responsibility to privide us with accurate
and current insurance plan information.
Here are important items to be aware of regarding insurance and our billing policy:
- We accept most major insurance plans.
- Know your insurance plan’s provisions and requirements. Be sure to
read your benefits handbook and question your insurance company on any
areas that are unclear.
- Please call your insurance company for authorization of outpatient surgery
procedures and treatments if it is part of your insurance plan's requirement.
If authorization is not obtained in the timeframe your policy dictates,
you may be heavily penalized, or services may be denied by your carrier.
- Hoag Orthopedic Institute Surgery Center - Newport Beach will bill both
your primary and secondary insurance plans.
- Once insurance payment(s) or denial(s) have been received, you will be
billed for any deductible, co-insurance, co-pay or non-covered amounts.
- Those patients with no insurance coverage will be expected to make payment
at the time services are rendered.
Price quotes for services are
estimates only. Your bill will indicate services as ordered by your physician.
- You will be required to pay your estimated financial responsibility (co-payments,
co-insurance amounts and/or deductibles) on or before the day of surgery.
- We require all payment arrangements to be made prior to your surgery or
procedure is performed.
- There will be separate billing for the Hoag Orthopedic Institute Surgery
Center - Newport Beach, physician, anesthesiologist and pathologist (if
- It is your responsibility to inform us of any and all medical coverage
that you carry as this affects coordination of benefits.
- We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, Care Credit and
debit cards with a MasterCard or Visa logo. Deductibles, co-insurance
& co-pays will be collected at time of service.
Billing Contact Information:
Anesthesia Related Questions:
Services provided by
Newport Harbor Anesthesia Consultants