Dr. Todd W. Peters is board certified and a fellowship trained orthopedic
and spine surgeon with a specialty interest and focus in Minimally Invasive
Spine Surgery (“MISS”). Dr. Peters provides a patient-centered
approach and has five-star ratings on Yelp and Google. As an expert in
MISS surgery, Dr. Peters’ patients are afforded the benefits of
a less disruptive technique, with statistically shorter recovery time,
less pain, decreased occurrence of infections, and quality long term outcomes.
He is recognized as a national leader, innovator, and instructor of his
fellow physicians in minimally invasive surgical techniques.
Dr. Peters received his undergraduate degree from Franklin and Marshall
College in Lancaster, Pennsylvania and his medical degree from Hahnemann
University School of Medicine in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He completed
a general surgery internship and orthopedic surgery residency at Allegheny
University – Hahnemann Hospital, Philadelphia Pennsylvania, followed
with a spine surgery fellowship at the University of Maryland –
Shock Trauma – Baltimore, Maryland.
- Member Society for Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery (SMISS)
- National Board of Medical Examiners
- North American Spine Society (NASS)
- Board Certified, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- California Orthopaedic Association
- Founder of MiSpine Center in Irvine, CA (newportspinemd.com)
- Co-Founder of ONE Brain & Spine in Newport Beach, CA